Tuesday 24 March 2015

Introduction

Video games are a great passion of mine alongside comic books, anime and manga, but I would have to say video games have definitely been one of my biggest obsessions.
I recall my home having a commadore 64 when I was very small, we also owned sega consoles (megadrive, mastersystem and dreamcast as well as the handheld gamegear) sony consoles (ps1, 2, 3 and more recently 4, as well as PSP and VITA) not to mention also owning N64, WII, WIIU and 3DS.

It's safe to say that gaming has been a large part of my life for as long as I can remember, and to this day it's still one of my favourite things to do, I believe the medium has great potential as an art form but first and foremost it is for enjoyment.
I have seen many posts like this one tell of sad childhoods and dark moments in life where the only way out was through a brightly lit screen and the colourful characters within the game's universe. I have to say fortunately I have not needed video games to get me through any such dark times, my main use for them was the break the monotony of life, and to live out fantasies I'd had for many years.

I hope to share with everyone my opinions and views on certain games in the form of reviews, story analysis as well as sharing my views on cultural influences and nuance, I'll most likely do some retrospectives on series that have had a particular impact on my life too.

I apologise for the brevity of this post and I look forward to positing something new up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment